Reviews

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Published!

Who's published? Me, baby! I'm published! Whoohoo!

*ahem*

I'd like to thank the academy- sorry, wrong speech. A long time ago I made a sacred vow not to start blogging about writing until I'd written something worth writing about. As in, someone is going to pay me money for it. There's a contract and everything. That's a good standard, right?

It's been a long time coming (ooh). If you count all the way back to the beginning when I was flailing around with fanfic, it's been about twenty years. If you count all the way back to when I got serious and found a fabulous beta reader who sorted out my random pov switches and inability to deploy the comma in a sound tactical fashion, it's been about three years.

Three years. That's a long time. Not to say it took me three years to write, but it took me three years of writing a metric fuckton that won't ever sell (because it's shit) to sort of work out how to write quality hot guy on hot guy action. I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert.

Anyway, I sold a 15k novella, not 50 Shades or Twilight, but now I'm vacillating between looking forward to my first professional editing experience and petrified that they'll send me back to the farm team once they get a really good look at my story. This is third grade math class all over again. I've never seen so much red ink in my life. I still have nightmares about the sevens' multiplication table.

I don't care. I wrote it and they bought it and that means I'm a real author.



No comments:

Post a Comment