Reviews

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Winter's Risk and Misadventures of Mislaid Men are finally touchables!

Step right up, step right up! I have important announcements to make. I wrote a thing and now it's an official, book-shaped object that you, my darlings, can buy and read on the electronic device of your choice. Because that's how awesome I am. Kindle, Ipad, all varieties of phone, I got'cha covered.
Isn't it beautiful? Paul Richmond painted the cover and I am in awe how well he captured the book.

'Veteran park ranger Alexander Doyle is tracking a nuisance bear when he runs across obnoxious environmentalist Martin Ramirez. He and Martin have clashed before, when Martin and the protestors under his leadership ended a plan to expand the network of paved trails and improve accessibility. Given a choice, Alex would rather face the bear.

When the dangerous grizzly attacks them and Martin is gravely wounded, his only chance of survival is Alex’s determination to keep him alive through the night. But they’re stranded miles from any hope of rescue with the year’s first snowstorm coming in fast.'

It's very reasonably priced at the Dreamspinner store.


The other exciting news is my short story in the Not Quite Shakespeare anthology is so great it has TRANSCENDED the boundaries of electronic devices and is available in physical, paper-scented paper copies, just like grandma used to read.


Misadventures of Mislaid Men* is just one of the many entertaining stories contained within. Although now that it's safely published I feel secure enough to tell you that when I sent the submission to the publisher, I had a typo. In the title. That's right, I screwed up my own title. What can I say?

I called it Misadventures IN Mislaid Men. 

Think about it for a minute. How the hell do you have a misadventure in a man? It sounds like the horrible mishap that results when someone forgot to use a toy with a flared base, (most unsexy thing ever) but Dreamspinner saw beyond my typo-fail and liked the story anyway. Publishing it, even.

So you can enjoy it too!


*no sex toys were harmed in the writing of this story. It's a about a British solicitor and a Welsh pub owner. They bond over misplaced cows and thick, heady beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment